Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cut off from the world

Good morning my lovelies! Today, the unthinkable happened. I forgot my cellphone. I carpool with a coworker and this is her week to drive. The way it works is that we meet at a parking lot and one of us drives to work. I ALWAYS have my phone, but not today. Nope, I brilliantly left it in my car in that parking lot.

Now, you'd think it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I mean, people lived for millenia without constant contact with the outside world. There's just one little problem...I'm addicted to my cellphone. There, I've admitted it. I'm a tech addict.

It doesn't help that my company blocks a lot of access to websites and such, including my beloved Gmail. I got my first phone at 16 and before that, I was fine. Needed to go somewhere? I just had to be sure to have a quarter, know one of several tricks to get a free call, or call the 1-800 number my daddy set up for when we forgot money. If all else failed, we could call collect. Remember collect? Yeah, I barely do either.

Isn't it sad how forgetting your cellphone leaves you feeling cut off from the world? The first thing I did was text my husband from my friend's cell to tell him I left mine at home. Then I emailed him the same thing. Logically I know it's not the end of the world not to have my little Android at the ready. Hell, in some ways it'll probably be better because it removes a major distraction for me. That doesn't help those seconds of panic when I reach for my phone out of sheer habit and it's not there. Automatically, I wonder, "OMG did I lose it?! Oh, wait. It's safe in my car...wait...what if someone breaks in and steals my phone?!"

Yes, I'm weird. Don't judge me ;)

Anyway, what would you do if you had to be without your phone for an entire day? Would it be nothing to you or would you feel cut off from the world?

1 comment:

  1. This may show everyone put I have a cell phone that I put 60 minutes on a month and don't even use half. I KNOW RIGHT???
    Now if you said I left my iPad my heart might skip a beat!
    Love ya chica, glad you survived. ((((HUGZ)))))

    ReplyDelete