Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Craziness abounds and fun fact about me!

Hello my lovelies! I know it has been a while since I did a rambling post or one of my Trials of an Indie Author posts, but in my defense things have been insane lately. It's good news for you because it means I'm working on a novella and book 2 of Sha and Connor's trilogy, both of which are coming soon! On the bright side, I do plan on doing another Trials post very soon. In the meantime, how are you all?

Part of the reason I've been neglecting my random posts is that I have no idea what to say about myself. When it comes time to fill out interviews and such, I'm always at a loss for words. I'm going to try something new though. At least once a week I'm going to try to tell you a random fact about myself so you can get to know the mysterious Lindsay Avalon a bit better :) Hopefully you enjoy the little tidbits!

So, are you ready for today's random fact? It's a fun one!

You all have probably figured out that I have a special obsession with rubber duckies. Well, did you know that I adore dolphins almost as much as I love my duckies? My husband and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon and I had the amazing opportunity to participate in a dolphin experience. We got to be "dolphin trainers" and we went behind the scenes of the dolphin areas in Disney World. It was so amazing. Technically we weren't supposed to swim with the dolphins, but I slipped on algae on the bottom of the tank and ended up dunking myself so I'm going to count that as swimming ;)

We got to meet Calvin, an amazingly intelligent dolphin who outsmarts all of his trainers. Calvin loves cheating at his tricks. When he's supposed to race around the tank, he lazily swims for part of the way then cuts across the tank so he's the winner. When they tried to do a matching game with Calvin, he'd peek at the reflection of the cards as they were being set up so he'd always win. They tried putting special suction cup goggles on him so he couldn't cheat but he just figured out how to pop them off lol. I loved every second of getting to work with Calvin and the other dolphins and it's an experience I'll never forget!

Duckies are still my all-time favorite animal but I must admit that dolphins come in at a very very VERY close second. Also at the top of my list are penguins because they're just awesome too :)

Mwah lovelies! Hope you enjoyed today's fun fact about me!

2 comments:

  1. LMAO that must have been a great day after you "went swimming" with the dolphins. Hopefully you didn't have to go all day in wet clothes.

    ReplyDelete