Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Interview with Carly Fall!!

Hello my lovelies! Today I welcome a fantabulous author named Carly Fall to The Lindsay Show! If you'll also notice, I've officially changed the name of my blog to The Lindsay Show! Why? Because I'm awesome like that lol. Have you all grabbed your coffee, tea, or beverage of choice?

Interview

Thank you so much for joining me today, Carly! When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I've actually always been a writer. I did the yearbooks, school papers, and also writing for business. In the past couple of years I've dove into fiction, and I absolutely love it.

That's awesome :) I'm always a bit envious of people who have always known they wanted to be an author! What has been the most difficult part about being a writer? 

Finding the time. My husband and I own a business, and that takes up a lot of my time. If I could write all day, everyday, that would be awesome!
I couldn't agree more! I work full time and when I'm at work, all I want to do is write! Who are your favorite authors?
For "big" authors, I love Lee Child and his Jack Reacher series, and I was so disappointed when Tom Cruise was cast as Reacher. Epic Hollywood fail on casting there. I also like Patricia Cornwell.
I've never read the books, but I did see "Jack Reacher" in theaters. My husband told me how the character is supposed to be a massive, imposing guy. I thought Tom Cruise did a decent job, but knowing the character's physical appearance was supposed to be so different, I can totally see why fans of the books were not pleased at the casting choice. What authors inspire you?
I have found my biggest inspirations in the past year or so have been indie authors. There are so many creative and beautiful stories out there! Unfortunately, there is also a lot of crap to wade through as well, but authors like Elise Marion and Taylor Dean are wonderful storytellers.
Again, I couldn't agree more. Indie authors are fantastic <3 Do you like to plan your scenes out or do you just wing it?

I do plan my books, but sometimes my characters have their own ideas. Eventually we all seem to come to an agreement and get to where I want to go.
I've never been a planner but I certainly have experience with characters having their own ideas lol. It can be so much fun to discover where the characters want to lead us. What type of books do you like to read?
I love fantasy/paranormal romance, and also a good "whodunit."
Ooo, that's my genre you know ;) What do you like to do in your free time?

I don't have a lot of free time, but I love spending time with my family, and doing whatever it is we decide to do together, whether that is going to the zoo, hiking, talking the dog for a walk, watching movies, etc.

That sounds absolutely lovely! Where is your favorite place to vacation?

Cabo San Lucas!! I actually have a book coming out through Decadent Publishing for their Honor Guard Series titled Chica Bella based on my experience there. I don't have a release date yet, but hopefully soon!
I've never been there but I've heard it's absolutely amazing! Did you make a New Year’s Resolution? If so, what was it? If not, do you have any goals for 2013?
I did not make any resolutions. My goal is to have eight books published/contracted in 2013.
Wow, I'm in awe of your goal! I hope you're able to reach it!! Why did you choose to write a paranormal/fantasy romance?

I love the freedom that paranormal/fantasy gives me. There really aren't any rules, and anyone can be capable of anything. It allows for everyone to live and love a little harder, and gives permission for the drama to be ratcheted up a bit without seeming over the top because it is fantasy.
That's one of the reasons I adore this genre too. What has been the most fun about working on your books?
There are actually two things, if I may. I love escaping into the world of the Six Saviors. It is a world of alpha males, strong women, drama, and of course, happy endings.

I also love the response from my readers. I love getting emails and Facebook messages from readers who say how much they love the characters in my books, as well as the world I've created.

I'm the same way. It's such an amazing feeling to hear from  your fans, isn't it? What has been the hardest scene for you to write?
I can't think of a scene that has been difficult to write, but more themes. In REBORN I dealt with drug addiction. In the fifth installment of the Six Saviors, which I am currently writing, I have to deal with rape. It isn't easy, but it is necessary for the story.
I can imagine those would be difficult to write because both are such emotional topics/. Do you have any favorite characters? 
I currently have four books out in this series. I love all my characters, but I really enjoyed writing Liberty from Destiny's Shift. She starts out as a female born into servitude, and she is docile, quiet, naïve, and can't look anyone in the eye. By the end of the book, she has gone through significant personality and physical changes, all making her a very, very, strong female. As she goes through the changes and learns about life on Earth, it was easy to incorporate some humor, and it was fun to write.

I also enjoyed writing Hudson from REBORN. He's an assassin who cooks and dances, but his is damaged goods due to the loss of his mate. I loved writing about his inner pain he keeps hidden from the rest of the world.

Faith from Finding My Faith was fun to write as well. She is a bit of a loose cannon. She loves to "live" life, regardless of the consequences.

All of your characters sound wonderful. I can't wait until I have a bit of free time and can read your books! Tell us about your hero and heroine.
Jovan is an SR44 Warrior who has developed a gift of getting a glimpse of others emotions through touch. The gift is getting stronger, and he is also able to hear others thoughts now and then. He had no way of controlling it, so he has distanced himself from everyone and everything, preferring to spend his time alone to keep his sanity in check.

Liberty is an SR44 female born into servitude. She is brought to Earth by a set of circumstance far beyond her control, and is innocent in an almost child-like way and having a terribly difficult time figuring out the Earth customs. By chance, she meets Jovan, and he is forced to take her under his wing.


*sigh* You do know I'm now dying to read your book now, right? Tell us about the Six Saviors and SR44 please. Did anything inspire these two organizations?

The Six Saviors Series was born out of a trip to Tucson, Arizona and a tour of a decommissioned missile silo. It was awesome! I thought about how cool it would be to live in one if it was decorated and furnished with really nice stuff. We actually have an acquaintance that has a renovated missile silo for sale on the east coast.

My husband and I had been talking about my next book, and then we were joking around about aliens living in a nice missile silo . . . and the series was born.

I love it! That's so awesome how that came about :) How did you come up with the premise for Destiny’s Shift?
Most of the Saviors have a special "gift" if you will. Jovan's is being able to feel others emotions through touch. After I finished REBORN, it was his turn to tell his story. I needed a female who was a good match for him and I needed to really shake things up in the series, so Liberty made her appearance.
From what I've heard so far, it sounds like they are a great match for each other. Tell us more about the world in Destiny’s Shift?
The Six Saviors were given human bodies and sent to Earth many years ago to eradicate the evil from their planet that had escaped, and turned into many of our worst criminals such as Jack the Ripper. They thought their mission of hunting and eradicating the evil would be easy and quick, but they were wrong. They have been here for over two hundred and fifty years.

They live together in a plush, beautifully decorated decommissioned missile silo. Some of them have taken human mates, others haven't. Each book is about one of the Warriors.


Again, you're just making me want to read your books more and more! I'm going to have to carve out some time to read them soon I think! What can we expect from the Six Saviors series?
As I said, Destiny's Shift really shook up the world of the Six Saviors. New characters and new dangers and problems were introduced. In the future, there will be more drama, more trouble, and some happy endings for some very emotionally destroyed Warriors.
Well lovely, we are nearing the end of our time together which is truly unfortunate because I so want to know more. What's next for you?
For me, I have a contemporary Valentine's Day release coming out on Valentine's Day through Bottom Drawer Publishing titled Time or Money. I am also working on the fifth installment of the Six Saviors Series, as well as a small novella that goes in between REBORN and Destiny's Shift for the series that answers some questions that I couldn't address in either book. I will also have Chica Bella, a contemporary romance for Decadent Publishing's Honor Guard Series coming out hopefully sometime this year.
Wow, you are a busy woman lol! Perfect for your fans though I bet! Anything else you want your readers to know?
Book one of the Six Saviors Series, The Light Within Me, is available for free at major ebook outlets.
Thank you for having me today, Lindsay!


It has truly been a pleasure, Carly. Thank you so much for joining me today and I wish you the best of luck on your releases! I will definitely be snagging your books soon!

Destiny's Shift...Buy it Now!

One hundred and fifty years ago, Warrior Jovan of the Six Saviors realized he had a gift: the ability to feel emotions through touch. Over the years, the gift has intensified allowing him to hear others thoughts, and this uncontrolled skill has forced him to keep his distance from both humans and those of his race. He fears the impact on his sanity if he doesn’t.

Liberty, an SR44 female has come to Earth by a set of circumstances beyond her control. Born into a life of servitude on SR44, she is alone, afraid, and stumbling her way through learning the customs and language of her new home on Earth. When Jovan meets Liberty, it becomes clear that they are of the same species, and Jovan takes Liberty under his wing, despite his commitment to himself to limit interaction with others.

As Liberty reveals the reasons for her coming to Earth, it becomes apparent that the Six Saviors are in danger, not only from the FBI, but also from those who have journeyed to Earth with Liberty, and they are seeking revenge. Jovan must quickly learn to control his gift, and Liberty is the only one who can help him. As they deal with danger from all sides, Jovan and Liberty must find a way to compromise on the lives they desire, or they will be forced to go their separate ways.
 Buy it Now:


Meet Carly

Carly Fall is a wife, a mother and a slave to Nicky the dog.
She thinks chocolate and wine should be considered their own food group, and also wishes Christmas happened twice a year.

She is the author of the Six Saviors Series, a Fantasy/Paranormal romance series, and also writes contemporary romance.

Freebies: The Light Within Me, Book 1 of the Six Saviors Series, is available for free on all major ebook outlets

Connect with Carly:


1 comment: